Effect of Duration Tuberculosis Treatment on Depression Symptoms Level of Tuberculosis Patients in Karang Bahagia Primary Health Care Bekasi
- Risky Akaputra, Sabrina Qurrotaa'yun
- Corresponding Author
- Risky Akaputra
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.39How to use a DOI?
- Tuberculosis; Length of Treatment; PHQ-9
- Tuberculosis (TB) is an inflammatory pulmonary parenchymal disease caused by a bacterial infection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, which requires a long period of treatment so that it can affect the onset of depression in patients with pulmonary TB. To find out whether there is a correlation between duration of pulmonary TB treatment to depressive symptoms level in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis aged 18 to 65 years at Karang Bahagia Primary Health Care. This research is analytic observational with cross sectional approach. Sampling as many as 55 respondents with data collected in December 2016. The sampling technique using non-probability sampling technique with consecutive sampling. Data were taken from the medical record to determine the duration of treatment and used the PHQ-9 questionnaire to determine the level depression. Data were analyzed using Chi Square. Chi square test showed that there was a significant correlation between duration of lung TB treatment with depressive symptom level with PValue = 0.003. There is a significant correlation between duration of tuberculosis (TB) treatment with depressive symptoms in pulmonary tuberculosis patients aged 18 to 65 years at Karang Bahagia Primary Health Care of Bekasi.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Risky Akaputra AU - Sabrina Qurrotaa'yun PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - Effect of Duration Tuberculosis Treatment on Depression Symptoms Level of Tuberculosis Patients in Karang Bahagia Primary Health Care Bekasi BT - 1st International Integrative Conference on Health, Life and Social Sciences (ICHLaS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.39 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.39 ID - Akaputra2017/12 ER -