Association between Transaminase Serum Levels and Severity of Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever among Hospitalized Adult Patients in South Tangerang Regional General Hospital
- Femmy N Akbar, Silvia Dewi, Mery Nitalia, Meizi F Ahmad, Ahmad Sisjufri
- Corresponding Author
- Femmy N Akbar
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.40How to use a DOI?
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF); DHF grade I; DHF grade II; transaminase serum; SGOT; SGPT; liver dysfunction
- Liver dysfunction is one of complication in dengue infection. Manifestation could be enlargement of liver and mild to moderate increase of transaminase enzyme (SGOT & SGPT) level. Transaminase level tend to be increase along with the severity of disease. This study aim to know characteristic of transaminase serum ( SGOT /SGPT) level increased in Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) patients and also association between transaminase serum levels and grade of severity of DHF, especially in DHF grade I and II (based on WHO 2011 classification). This was an analytic observational study with cross sectional approached. Data were collected from adult DHF patients whom hospitalized in District General Hospital of South Tangerang in year 2014 – 2015 by using consecutive sampling method. Chi Square and Kolmogorov-Smirnov Statistic test were used in this study. From 157 samples, 9.1% who had increased level of SGOT and 65.6% increased level SGPT respectively. Based on statistical test result, there is no significant association between grade of severity of dengue infection (DHF grade I & II) and SGOT levels (p = 0.326) as well as SGPT levels (p = 0.664). There is no significant association between SGOT & SGPT levels and grade of severity of dengue infection, especially DHF grade I & II.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Femmy N Akbar AU - Silvia Dewi AU - Mery Nitalia AU - Meizi F Ahmad AU - Ahmad Sisjufri PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - Association between Transaminase Serum Levels and Severity of Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever among Hospitalized Adult Patients in South Tangerang Regional General Hospital BT - 1st International Integrative Conference on Health, Life and Social Sciences (ICHLaS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.40 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ichlas-17.2017.40 ID - Akbar2017/12 ER -