Analysis of Call Admission Control with IM Service in Multimedia OFDMA System
- Yi Chen, Zhifeng Ni, Yong Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Yi Chen
Available Online March 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icieac-14.2014.8How to use a DOI?
- call admission control; OFDMA; IM traffic; quality-of-service
- This paper presents an appropriate call admission control (CAC) scheme which admits Instant Message (IM) traffic with conventional traffic for the next-generation OFD MA wireless network. In the proposed scheme, we consider three types of traffic having different quality-of-service (QoS) requirement, namely guaranteed traffic, IM traffic and data traffic. Due to the priority of IM traffic between that of guaranteed traffic and data traffic, we propose a double -threshold guard channel policy and an analytical model with fractional guard channel policy. On the premise of guaran- teeing the call-level performance of conventional traffic, the optimized QoS parameters of IM traffic can be obtained by tuning the guard channel dynamically. Simulation results show QoS parameters of traffic and verify the accuracy of the analysis.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yi Chen AU - Zhifeng Ni AU - Yong Wang PY - 2014/03 DA - 2014/03 TI - Analysis of Call Admission Control with IM Service in Multimedia OFDMA System BT - 2nd International Conference on Information, Electronics and Computer PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icieac-14.2014.8 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icieac-14.2014.8 ID - Chen2014/03 ER -