Enabling Smart Home Networks with ZigBee Technology
- Siquan Hu, He Zhou, Chundong She
- Corresponding Author
- Siquan Hu
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icitmi-15.2015.201How to use a DOI?
- Smart Home Network, ZigBee, CC2530
- ZigBee technology is a short range, low-cost, low power-consumption and low data rate wireless sensor network technology, which makes it a suitable technology for smart home networks. In this paper we present a systematic method to construct smart home networks with ZigBee chip. Both hardware design and software design are presented. The node hardware uses core ZigBee board to provide ZigBee communication support for the specific nodes. The designs of both a smart socket node and another central control and display node are presented. The association software flow of mapping from the control key on the control node to in-net smart socket power relay is also illustrated. Deployment test showed the validation of our design.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Siquan Hu AU - He Zhou AU - Chundong She PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Enabling Smart Home Networks with ZigBee Technology BT - 4th International Conference on Information Technology and Management Innovation PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icitmi-15.2015.201 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icitmi-15.2015.201 ID - Hu2015/10 ER -