Research on High-speed Railway Fare Optimization based on Change of Passenger Flow
- Jie Zhang, Xiangfei Yang, Gu Du
- Corresponding Author
- Jie Zhang
Available Online April 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeit-19.2019.41How to use a DOI?
- fare optimization; passenger flow; Baoji-Lanzhou high-speed railway.
- In recent years, high-speed railway has gradually become an indispensable choice for people to travel. This paper studies high-speed railway fares to increase the benefits of high-speed rail and achieve long-term sustainable development of the railway sector. According to the characteristics of demand, the passenger flow is divided into different periods, with each passenger flow interval as the price adjustment time, and the train income as the objective function to determine the fare of each passenger transport product at each price adjustment time. Taking Baoji-Lanzhou High Speed Railway as an example, the study shows that the train attendance rate is increased by 16.2% and the revenue is increased by 5.8% compared with the original price strategy.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jie Zhang AU - Xiangfei Yang AU - Gu Du PY - 2019/04 DA - 2019/04 TI - Research on High-speed Railway Fare Optimization based on Change of Passenger Flow BT - 3rd International Conference on Mechatronics Engineering and Information Technology (ICMEIT 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeit-19.2019.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeit-19.2019.41 ID - Zhang2019/04 ER -