Analysis on Application of GIS Technology in Engineering Survey
- Yan Li, Chen Zhang, Weikai Zhang, Shanshan Zhao, Siyan Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Yan Li
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.6How to use a DOI?
- Analysis on Application of GIS Technology in Engineering Survey
- Engineering survey, as the basis of engineering construction, is applied throughout all stages of the whole project. However, traditional engineering survey technology cannot satisfy the actual needs of modern engineering any more. Modern Engineering Survey is no longer a narrow concept to serve engineering construction from controlling to mapping. Its service scope and objects have been continuously expanded to numerous fields that are related to geographic spatial data. Geographic Information System (GIS) technology has been widely used in engineering survey due to its advantages of rapidness, accuracy, intelligence and visibility. The GIS technology combines computer technology with geographic spatial distribution data, which provides useful information for management and decision making in various fields. Its application is a technological innovation of engineering survey. Based on a brief introduction of GIS technology, this paper focuses on the four main applications of GIS technology in engineering survey, and the development of modern surveying under the impetus of GIS technology. The paper points out that GIS technology has had extremely important influence on the rapid development of modern construction and created economic benefits for engineering construction.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yan Li AU - Chen Zhang AU - Weikai Zhang AU - Shanshan Zhao AU - Siyan Liu PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Analysis on Application of GIS Technology in Engineering Survey BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.6 ID - Li2015/12 ER -