Preparation of new anode of microbial fuel cell using Escherichia coli-immobilizing hydrogel
- Dajie Xing, Hua Wang, Li Li
- Corresponding Author
- Dajie Xing
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.46How to use a DOI?
- Microbial fuel cells; Escherichia coli; Electrically conductive hydrogel; Anode.
- Despite significant progress in recent years, microbial fuel cells (MFCs) maintain their status as one of the prime unsolved problems in clean energy technology, and their characteristics may not meet the requirements of practical application. Therefore, preparing high-performance anodes is very important for the development in this research field. In this paper, we use electrically conductive hydrogel to embed Escherichia coli and use this polymer to modify carbon paper. A new anode is fabricated, and the maximum output power, output voltage, apparent internal resistance and starting time are tested. The results show that the maximum output power of microbial fuel cell in this paper is 71.47 mW m 2 and apparent resistance is 290.48 , which are significantly better than those from conductive hydrogel-modified anode and carbon paper anode.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dajie Xing AU - Hua Wang AU - Li Li PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Preparation of new anode of microbial fuel cell using Escherichia coli-immobilizing hydrogel BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.46 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.46 ID - Xing2015/12 ER -