Development and Verification of A Small CMOS Digital Standard Cell Library Based on SMIC 130nm Process
- Yiwen Wang, Hang Su, Mingjiang Wang, Jipan Huang, Hao Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Yiwen Wang
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.62How to use a DOI?
- Standard cell library; Full adder; Optimization; Verification; P&R
- Nowadays, Semi-custom design based on the standard cells is the mainstream design method for digital IC chip. In this thesis, the standard cell library is built and verified based on the SMIC 130nm technology, especially the optimization of a 1-bit full adder cell, during which the structure and layout of the full adder in the SMIC library is analyzed. As a result, the structure and size of the adder cell are improved better, which is simulated by H-spice. The comparison shows that the optimized adder is not only smaller in area, with width decreased by 0.82 m, but also have advantages in power consumption and timing, with energy delay product reduced by 7.7% .In the end, the s298 circuit in ISCAS Benchmark89 is used as the benchmark to complete the verification method of the standard cell library.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yiwen Wang AU - Hang Su AU - Mingjiang Wang AU - Jipan Huang AU - Hao Chen PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Development and Verification of A Small CMOS Digital Standard Cell Library Based on SMIC 130nm Process BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.62 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.62 ID - Wang2015/12 ER -