Brain network for Chinese character processing and brain computer interface
- Xiujun Li, Jingjing Yang, Qiyong Guo, Jinglong Wu
- Corresponding Author
- Xiujun Li
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.123How to use a DOI?
- brain network; Chinese; brain computer interface; Fmri
- In this study, we used a 3T fMRI to investigate brain activations in processing characters and figures using visual discrimination tasks in which 13 Chinese subjects were shown two Chinese characters (36 pairs) or two figures (36 pairs). The control task (two figures) was used to eliminate the non-linguistic visual and motor confounds. The results show that discrimination of Chinese character is bilateral network for the processing of orthographic, phonological, and semantic attributes. Significant activation patterns were observed in the occipital regions (BA17,18,19,37),the temporal regions (BA22,38), the parietal regions (BA7,39,40), the frontal regions (BA4,6,10,46) and cerebellum. We conclude that constellation of neural substrates is bilateral network for Chinese subjects and used in brain computer interface (BCI).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiujun Li AU - Jingjing Yang AU - Qiyong Guo AU - Jinglong Wu PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Brain network for Chinese character processing and brain computer interface BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.123 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.123 ID - Li2015/12 ER -