Application of Synchronization Status Message Based on the Self-healing Ring Network with Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
- Shuhua Yin, Hu Lei, Lu Tian
- Corresponding Author
- Shuhua Yin
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.129How to use a DOI?
- Synchronization; Timing-Ring; Multiplex Section Protection; APS; SSM
- This paper studies how to avoid timing loop in the self-healing ring (SHR) network with synchronous digital hierarchy (SDH) and analyzes the generation and mechanism of timing loop in SDH local ring network as well as the harmfulness of timing loop to the network. Based on these results, a new method is proposed to avoid the generation of timing loop in the multiplex section protection ring by combining the K1 and K2 bytes in APS protocol of the multiplex section with S1 byte in the synchronization status message (SSM). This method improves the synchronization performance of SDH SHR network.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shuhua Yin AU - Hu Lei AU - Lu Tian PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Application of Synchronization Status Message Based on the Self-healing Ring Network with Synchronous Digital Hierarchy BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.129 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.129 ID - Yin2015/12 ER -