SVH : A Lightweight Stream Cipher Based on Dual Pseudo-Random Transformation and OFB
- Xuejun Dai, Yuhua Huang, Lu Chen, Tingting Lu, Sheng Zhao
- Corresponding Author
- Xuejun Dai
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.136How to use a DOI?
- Stream Cipher; Lightweight Cryptography; RFID
- A new lightweight stream cipher, SVH, is proposed. The design targets hardware environments where gate count, power consumption and memory is very limited. It is based on dual pseudo-random transformation and output feedback. The block of key size is 64 bits and SVH can achieve sufficient security margin against known attacks, such as linear cryptanalysis, differential cryptanalysis, impossible differential cryptanalysis. Hardware implementation of SVH is around 1171GE, which is comparable with the 1458 GE hardware implementation of Grain. The software implementation of SVH on 8-bit microcontroller is about 19.55Mb/s, and its efficiency is 30 times as much as that of Grain in RFID environment. The hardware complexity and throughput compares favourably to other hardware oriented stream ciphers like Grain.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xuejun Dai AU - Yuhua Huang AU - Lu Chen AU - Tingting Lu AU - Sheng Zhao PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - SVH : A Lightweight Stream Cipher Based on Dual Pseudo-Random Transformation and OFB BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.136 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.136 ID - Dai2015/12 ER -