Study on the damage of semi rigid base asphalt pavement under high temperature condition
- Le Sun, Xiaojun Li, Xuelian Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Le Sun
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.209How to use a DOI?
- Finite element method; asphalt pavement potential damage index; ratting
- Rutting, Top-Down cracking and bottom-up cracking are considered as major damage phenomena in pavement structure. In this study, the Drucker-Prager (D-P) criterion is adopted to analyze the pavement structure on Ji-Qing highway. Three dimensional finite element model with double rounds uniform load is established. The concept of asphalt pavement potential damage index (APPDI) is put forward in the light of the stress composition forms. The results show that: Firstly, the main failure mode of this mode is rutting in the early stage under the high temperature. Secondly, combined with the Mohr circle and the location in the pavement structure, APPDI can accurately judge the damage form of asphalt pavement, which provides a theoretical basis for the interpretation of pavement failure mechanism and optimization of pavement design.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Le Sun AU - Xiaojun Li AU - Xuelian Wang PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Study on the damage of semi rigid base asphalt pavement under high temperature condition BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.209 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.209 ID - Sun2015/12 ER -