Research of Microstructure and Performance of Laser Cladding Fe-based Medium Manganese Alloy
- Zhihai Cai, Ping Zhang, Xiubing Liang, Fanliang Tantai, Fan Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Zhihai Cai
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.210How to use a DOI?
- Fe-based medium manganese alloy; Laser cladding; Microstructure and performance; Tribological properties
- Fe-based medium manganese alloy coating was fabricated on 42CrMo steel surfaces using a synchronization powder feeding technique by 6 kW IPG laser apparatus. The microstructure and mechanical property were analyzed by X-ray diffractometer (XRD), scanning electron microscope (SEM), microhardness tester and SRV4 system. The results showed that the coating is divided into three parts: coating, bonding and HAZ. The microstructures are planar crystal, dendrite crystal, cellular crystal from bottom of the cladding to the top. The microhardness of the cladding layer is up to 739HV, while that of the substrate is only 251HV, the hardness incresses significantly. The abrasion performance of the cladding layer significantly improved, its relative wear resistance is 2.57 times of the substrate. After abrasion, the content of martensite in the cladding layer increases slightly, while the hardness increases.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhihai Cai AU - Ping Zhang AU - Xiubing Liang AU - Fanliang Tantai AU - Fan Yang PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Research of Microstructure and Performance of Laser Cladding Fe-based Medium Manganese Alloy BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.210 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.210 ID - Cai2015/12 ER -