A New Method of B-spline Surface Reconstruction Using Hierarchical Surface
- Zizhi Lin, Yun Ding, Sihui Shu
- Corresponding Author
- Zizhi Lin
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.237How to use a DOI?
- Surface reconstruction; Parameterization; Best square approximation; Hierarchical surface
- In the process of surface reconstruction, the least squares fitting surface often produces singular matrix and it will cause a failure surface fitting. In this paper, we propose a new surface reconstruction method based on hierarchical surface. We first construct a low-order surface to interpolate data points, which is controlling surface, and then we use high-order surface to approximate the controlling surface, which is approximating surface. The best square approximation and hierarchical surface are used in this approximation to controlling surface, and we refine the control points mesh to approximate the controlling surface locally to achieve the given precision step by step. Finally, some examples of this algorithm demonstrate its usefulness and quality.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zizhi Lin AU - Yun Ding AU - Sihui Shu PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - A New Method of B-spline Surface Reconstruction Using Hierarchical Surface BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.237 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.237 ID - Lin2015/12 ER -