Curriculum Implementation at Kindergarten A Study on “Best Practices” Done by Kindergarten Teachers in Planning, Implementing, and Evaluating the Curriculum
- Rusman Rusman, Ishak Abdulhak
- Corresponding Author
- Rusman Rusman
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.46How to use a DOI?
- 2013 Curriculum, Teachers’ Responses, Curriculum Best Practice Implementation
- Applying a new curriculum, namely implementation of 2013 Curriculum at kindergarten has been commenced in July 2013. The implementation of the curriculum is expected to give a push to an increasing quality of managing and processing educational efforts towards betterments at every unit of learning and education. Backgrounded by application of the curiculum, the present study is geard to reveal problematic aspects dealing with a query of “How do kindergarten teachers respond to implementation of 2013 curriculum in Bandung city viewed from the activity of planning, implementing, and evaluating the curriculum?” and “What best practices are applicably implementable in terms of planning, implementing, and evaluating the curriculum done by kindergarten teachers in Bandung city?” Results of the study indicate that kindergarten teachers’ response to the implementation of 2013 curriculum falls into the category of positive. As of the activity of planning, it falls into the category of very positive while the activities of planning and evaluating the curriculum, they fall into the category of positive. There exists several “best practices” worth applying in terms of planning, implementing and evaluating the 2013 curiculum by the kindergarten teachers in Bandung city. The best practices include activities of “quiz”, “sing a song”, “draw”, “syllabus analysis, KD and objectives and “material surgery” through their implementation at KKG
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rusman Rusman AU - Ishak Abdulhak PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Curriculum Implementation at Kindergarten A Study on “Best Practices” Done by Kindergarten Teachers in Planning, Implementing, and Evaluating the Curriculum BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.46 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.46 ID - Rusman2019/01 ER -