Optimizing Students’ Literacy Abilityat STKIP-MBin Indonesian Language Learning by Using Think Pairs Share Model
- Yulia Oktarina, Aprizan Aprizan
- Corresponding Author
- Yulia Oktarina
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.53How to use a DOI?
- optimization, literacy, Think Pairs Share (TPS)
- The background of this study is the low ability of literacy skill of PGSD student at STKIP Muhammadiyah Muara Bungo (STKIP-MB). Literacy becomes the basic capital of students to develop themselves. The better the students' literacy skills, the better the thinking and wisdom of their thinking. The purpose of this study is to optimize literacy skills in Indonesian language learning by applying Think Pairs Share (TPS) models to STKIP-MB students. This study was a classroom action research conducted in two research cycles. This research data were test and non-test results. Furthermore, the results of this study, namely (1) there was an increase in literacy learning process by applying the TPS model. Students had shown positive behavior during the learning process, (2) there was an increase in students' literacy skills by applying the TPS model with an average value of 88.5 in the good category. Students had been able to gather information, process, and communicate their ideas well. Based on the results of these studies, it can be concluded that the Think Pairs Share (TPS) model can optimize the literacy skills of STKIP-MB students
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yulia Oktarina AU - Aprizan Aprizan PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Optimizing Students’ Literacy Abilityat STKIP-MBin Indonesian Language Learning by Using Think Pairs Share Model BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.53 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.53 ID - Oktarina2019/01 ER -