Metacognitive Awareness and Its Effect on Students' Problem Solving Ability in Implementing RME Approach
- Dini Alindra, Ahmad Fauzan, Ali Asmar
- Corresponding Author
- Dini Alindra
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.70How to use a DOI?
- metacognitive awarenees, problem solving ability, RME approach
- This study aims to describe the metacognitive awareness of students who learn with the RME approach and those who learn with conventional approach; and describes the effect of metacognitive awareness on students' problem solving abilities in implementing RME approach. The subjects of this study were seventh grade students of SMP Negeri Kecamatan Luak Kabupaten Lima Puluh Kota. The research data were obtained by using a Metacognitive Awareness Inventory Junior questionnaire (Jr-MAI) and a final test designed based on indicators of problem solving abilities. Data were analyzed inferentially by using covariant and simple linear regression analysis with SPSS program. The results showed that metacognitive awareness of students who learn with the RME approach is better than those who learn with conventional approach; and there is a positive effect between metacognitive awareness on students' problem solving abilities and the application of RME approach
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dini Alindra AU - Ahmad Fauzan AU - Ali Asmar PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Metacognitive Awareness and Its Effect on Students' Problem Solving Ability in Implementing RME Approach BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.70 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.70 ID - Alindra2019/01 ER -