Need Assessment of Experiential Learning to Improve Student Competency of Vocational High School Students
- Singgih Prastawa, Muhammad Akhyar, Gurnahadi Gurnahadi, Suharno Suharno
- Corresponding Author
- Singgih Prastawa
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.72How to use a DOI?
- vocational high school, entrepreneurship, experiential learning
- This study aims to describe 1) entrepreneurial teaching and learning process in vocational high schools, 2) the importance of experiential learning model in vocational high schools, 3) the degree of interest and motivation in entrepreneurial learning based on creative industry. The method used in this research was survey approach. The subjects of this study were 64 respondents from 2 vocational high schools in Surakarta. The respondents were students and teachers. Techniques of collecting data used were observation, interviews, questionnaires and documents. The data were analyzed by using qualitative descriptive. The results of this study are 1) teaching and learning process in Entreprenuership lesson was monotonous and still using teacher centered approach, ruling out of experience based learning. 2) the importance of implementing experiential learning model to improve competency cognitively, affectively, and psychomotorically in vocational high school. 3) students need to improve the interest and motivation in learning entrepreneurship based creative industry, because it makes students to be creative, inovative, and independent. Based on the findings, it could be concluded that experiential learning model is needed and suitable for vocational high school students, because this model is very conducive to improve students’ interest and motivation. It is recommended to use the experiential learning model in teaching and learning process for entrepreneurship subject
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Singgih Prastawa AU - Muhammad Akhyar AU - Gurnahadi Gurnahadi AU - Suharno Suharno PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Need Assessment of Experiential Learning to Improve Student Competency of Vocational High School Students BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.72 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.72 ID - Prastawa2019/01 ER -