The Urgency of Pre-Married Education To Prevent Increasing of Divorce in Padang, West Sumatra
- Walan Yudhiani, Azwar Ananda, Z. Mawardi Effendi, Gusril Gusril
- Corresponding Author
- Walan Yudhiani
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.74How to use a DOI?
- Education, marriage, divorce, Minangkabau
- This paper aims to explore the role of premarital education as an effort to prevent increasing of divorce in Padang. Especially in 2017, there were 1258 marriages at 11 KUA’s in Padang and in the same year, there were 689 divorce cases. It means that the divorce rate is more than 50%. This research is a field research with a qualitative approach. Data were collected by interview, observation and documentation study. Data were analyzed based on the method proposed by Milles and Huberman. The results showed that the divorce in Padang was caused by several factors, including, morality, husband/wife irresponsible, jealous, economy, and disharmony. To solve the problems, pre-married education needs to be given to prospective married couples. Thus, the divorce in Padang can be suppressed. In pre-married education prospective, husband and wife are given materials related to marriage goals, namely the sakinah family, mawaddahwa rahmah, such as fiqh munakahat
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Walan Yudhiani AU - Azwar Ananda AU - Z. Mawardi Effendi AU - Gusril Gusril PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - The Urgency of Pre-Married Education To Prevent Increasing of Divorce in Padang, West Sumatra BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.74 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.74 ID - Yudhiani2019/01 ER -