The Need Analysis of Primary School Teacher in Banjarmasin
- Dwi Atmono, Muhammad Rahmattullah, Maulana Rizky
- Corresponding Author
- Dwi Atmono
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.86How to use a DOI?
- the need analysis, primary school teachers, teachers
- This study aimed to: 1) Mapping teacher needs at primary school level in Banjarmasin, and 2) Identifying problems related to the distribution and fulfillment of teachers at primary school level in Banjarmasin. This research used the mix methods approach. The population of this study includes all public primary schools in Banjarmasin. The sample was taken using purposive sample techniques as many as 52 primary schools. The data collected for the study include: 1) Secondary data related to the number of teachers in primary schools, and 2) Primary data related to problems affecting the distribution, fulfillment of needs, and funding of teachers. Quantitative descriptive analysis with percentage techniques is used to analyze the mapping of real conditions and the ideal needs of primary school teachers in Banjarmasin. Qualitative analysis is used to analyze the problems that affect the distribution, fulfillment and financing needs of teachers at primary school. The results of the study showed: 1) the number of teachers' needs at the primary school in Banjarmasin was 2,640 people. The number of teachers with civil servants status that available was 1,742 people (65.98%), meaning that there were still a deficiency around 898 people (34.02%). 2) Some problems found related to the distribution and fulfillment of teacher needs include: a) the limitedness of government budget to improve the welfare of teachers b) the over capacity of honorary teachers in schools, c) the restrictions policy of payroll allocation for teachers, and d) the limited of alternative permanent access to pay honorary teacher’s salary
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dwi Atmono AU - Muhammad Rahmattullah AU - Maulana Rizky PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - The Need Analysis of Primary School Teacher in Banjarmasin BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.86 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.86 ID - Atmono2019/01 ER -