The Effect of Realistic Mathematic Education (RME) toward Motivation and Learning Achievement of the Fourth Grade Elementary Students
- Marleni Herman, I Made Arnawa, Ardipal Ardipal
- Corresponding Author
- Marleni Herman
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.109How to use a DOI?
- Realistic Mathematic Education (RME), motivation, learning achievement
- This research is based on the problem of lack motivation and learning achievement experienced by students in learning mathematics. Thus, new approach like Realistic Mathematic Education (RME) is needed. This research aimed to find out the effect of Realistic Mathematic Education (RME) model toward motivation and mathematic learning achievement of the fourth grade Islamic elementary students Al Azhar 32 Padang. This research is quasy-experiment research. The population was all 86 fourth grade students who consist of three classes. The sampling technique used was random sampling. The data of this research were collected by using motivation questionnaire and mathematic learning achievement test. The data were analyzed by using normality test, homogeneity test, and hypotheses test related to the studied aspects. The result of the research revealed that: (1) students who were taught by using RME approach in experimental class have higher motivation; with the average questionnaire indicator was 88,46%. (2) students who were taught by using RME approach have higher mathematic learning achievement than those taught by using conventional approach; with tobtained (0,05;56) = 1,67, tcalculated = 4,23. Based on this result, it can be concluded that there is significant effect given by RME approach toward motivation and mathematic learning achievement of the fourth grade Islamic elementary students Al Azhar 32 Padang. It is recommended that RME approach should be used since it is one of the approaches that can improve students’ motivation and mathematic learning achievement
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Marleni Herman AU - I Made Arnawa AU - Ardipal Ardipal PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - The Effect of Realistic Mathematic Education (RME) toward Motivation and Learning Achievement of the Fourth Grade Elementary Students BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.109 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.109 ID - Herman2019/01 ER -