Enhancing Students’ Reading Comprehension through the Collaboration between Reciprocal Teaching and Cooperative Learning
- Mhd Khori, Arimuliani Ahmad
- Corresponding Author
- Mhd Khori
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.122How to use a DOI?
- Enhancing, Reading Comprehension, Reciprocal Teaching,Cooperative Learning
- The preliminary study was conducted in SMA Nurul Falah Pekanbaru, it is indicated that the students have low comprehension in reading English written texts. The evidence can be seen from the students’ difficulties when they answer the reading comprehension test. This problem was caused by some factors which one of them is the teaching strategies are not suitable to the material. The main focus of the this research was to find out the effect of using Reciprocal Teaching and Cooperative Learning to enhance content area in reading comprehension. The population of this research was all of the second year students of SMA Nurul Falah Pekanbaru. To analyze the data, the writer used paired sample t-test formula by using SPSS. The data analysis shown that the writer concluded that there is significant effect of the collaboration of two instructional strategies; Reciprocal teaching and cooperative learning strategy
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mhd Khori AU - Arimuliani Ahmad PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Enhancing Students’ Reading Comprehension through the Collaboration between Reciprocal Teaching and Cooperative Learning BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.122 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.122 ID - Khori2019/01 ER -