Information System Planning for Emerging Start-Up Company: A Case from Software House
- Rayinda Pramuditya Soesanto, Wawan Tripiawan, Afrin Fauzya Rizana, Amelia Kurniawati, Fadillah Ramadhan
- Corresponding Author
- Rayinda Pramuditya Soesanto
Available Online March 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.4How to use a DOI?
- Portfolio; Roadmap; Software House; Startup Company; Strategic Information System Planning
- The use of IS believed to bring positive impact on the productivity and competitiveness of the organization. Most organizations in all sectors of industries, commerce, and government become fundamentally dependent on the use of information system especially startup companies. Start-up companies are considered to be an important element in a successful economy. Start-up companies tend to create a high-tech and innovative product and grow by aggressively expanding their business in the highly scalable market. The failure of a startup company is mostly caused by self-destruction rather than the competition. This study is aimed to develop a strategic information system planning model for a start-up company. The strategic information system planning in this study is expected to obtain the application roadmap that is aligned with business and company’s strategy. The object of the study is one software house company in Bandung, Indonesia. Value Chain and SWOT Analysis are used to gain the internal value of the company, Delphi method is used to gain the consensus from the stakeholders about the priority of each IS project that should be taken into consideration. Data gathering is done by interviewing the stakeholder of the company. The strategic plan that is proposed in this research consists of the initial value chain, analysis of the legacy system, consensus result of the high priority IS project plan, application portfolio and the proposed roadmap for the project to be implemented. From the result, it is known that billing system and integrated payment method is considered as the priority for the company, therefore, the two project are planned immediately. The proposed IS strategic plan can be used for software house company, but it is needed further development to generalize the framework for another emerging start-up company.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rayinda Pramuditya Soesanto AU - Wawan Tripiawan AU - Afrin Fauzya Rizana AU - Amelia Kurniawati AU - Fadillah Ramadhan PY - 2019/03 DA - 2019/03 TI - Information System Planning for Emerging Start-Up Company: A Case from Software House BT - 2018 International Conference on Industrial Enterprise and System Engineering (ICoIESE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2589-4943 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.4 ID - Soesanto2019/03 ER -