DESIGN OF AUTOMATION SYSTEM FOR CERAMIC SURFACE QUALITY CONTROL USING ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK AT BALAI BESAR KERAMIK
- Puspita Ayu Lestari, Haris Rachmat, Mohd. Rasidi Ibrahim, Denny Sukma Eka Atmaja
- Corresponding Author
- Puspita Ayu Lestari
Available Online March 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.28How to use a DOI?
- Ceramic Tiles; Surface Defect; Automation Design; Image Processing; Artificial Neural Network
- Indonesia's ceramic tiles production is currently ranked between fifth and sixth of the world, that showed ceramic tiles is one of the largest commodities in Indonesia. So, ceramic quality becomes very important to be considered in it used as one of the basic building materials. The existing ceramic testing system in Balai Besar Keramik is performed by the operator repeatedly. With the repetitive perform, it causing fatigue to operator that resulting in decreased work ability, so in calibration and readings of measuring instruments occur an error. To improve accuracy level of quality control system to remain stable, it’s necessary an intelligent device that can overcome errors that occur in the inspection process using human vision on surfaces defect detection of ceramic tiles that have a high level of system stability, therefore required automation system design of image processing-based using Artificial Neural Network method with backpropagation algorithm. Data that need for processing system, using 45 data that divided into data training and data testing with the proportion of ratio 70% and 30%. Process of system design using automation design with 300 Lx light intensity, 50 cm of camera distance, based on Artificial Neural Network method with confusion matrix result obtained accuracy rate of 96.9% for offline mode and 92.3% for real time mode.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Puspita Ayu Lestari AU - Haris Rachmat AU - Mohd. Rasidi Ibrahim AU - Denny Sukma Eka Atmaja PY - 2019/03 DA - 2019/03 TI - DESIGN OF AUTOMATION SYSTEM FOR CERAMIC SURFACE QUALITY CONTROL USING ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK AT BALAI BESAR KERAMIK BT - 2018 International Conference on Industrial Enterprise and System Engineering (ICoIESE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2589-4943 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.28 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.28 ID - Lestari2019/03 ER -