Group-Centered Framework Towards a Positive Design of Digital Collaboration in Global Settings
- Irawan Nurhas, Jan Pawlowski, Stefan Geisler, Maria Kovtunenko, Bayu Rima Aditya
- Corresponding Author
- Irawan Nurhas
Available Online March 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.39How to use a DOI?
- positive computing; positive personas; global collaboration; HCI; digital collaboration.
- globally distributed groups require collaborative systems to support their work. Besides being able to support the teamwork, these systems also should promote well-being and maximize the human potential that leads to an engaging system and joyful experience. Designing such system is a significant challenge and requires a thorough understanding of group work. We used the field theory as a lens to view the essential aspects of group motivation and then utilized collaboration personas to analyze the elements of group work. We integrated well-being determinants as engagement factors to develop a group-centered framework for digital collaboration in a global setting. Based on the outcomes, we proposed a conceptual framework to design an engaging collaborative system and recommend system values that can be used to evaluate the system further.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Irawan Nurhas AU - Jan Pawlowski AU - Stefan Geisler AU - Maria Kovtunenko AU - Bayu Rima Aditya PY - 2019/03 DA - 2019/03 TI - Group-Centered Framework Towards a Positive Design of Digital Collaboration in Global Settings BT - 2018 International Conference on Industrial Enterprise and System Engineering (ICoIESE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2589-4943 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.39 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.39 ID - Nurhas2019/03 ER -