DETERMINING THE SUITABLE MATERIAL HANDLING EQUIPMENT IN PT. XYZ.
- Zhafran Ega, Judi Alhilman, Fransiskus Tatas Dwi Atmaji
- Corresponding Author
- Zhafran Ega
Available Online March 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.43How to use a DOI?
- AHP, Material Handling Equipment, Consistency Ratio, Attributes
- Selection of appropriate material handling equipment for specific conditions is found to be a multi-criteria decision-making problem. The selection procedure is found to be unstructured, characterized by subject knowledge and requiring the application of an effective and efficient multi-criteria decision-making tool, such as the analytic hierarchy process (AHP). The AHP technique allows the problem to breaks down into smaller yet more detail parts for more natural selection understanding. This paper focuses on the application of AHP technique in selecting the suitable material handling equipment for maintenance activity in a specific environment. The importance of related criteria and alternative calculated using pairwise comparison matrices, checked with consistency ratio and the overall ranking of each alternative material handling equipment is then determined. The powered pallet is the most appropriate hand truck that meets the requirements in PT. XYZ environment with weight capacity having the most influence.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhafran Ega AU - Judi Alhilman AU - Fransiskus Tatas Dwi Atmaji PY - 2019/03 DA - 2019/03 TI - DETERMINING THE SUITABLE MATERIAL HANDLING EQUIPMENT IN PT. XYZ. BT - 2018 International Conference on Industrial Enterprise and System Engineering (ICoIESE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2589-4943 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.43 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.43 ID - Ega2019/03 ER -