Web Services to Overcome Interoperability in Fingerprint-based Attendance System
- Alam Rahmatulloh, Rohmat Gunawan, Irfan Darmawan
- Corresponding Author
- Alam Rahmatulloh
Available Online March 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.49How to use a DOI?
- Attendance Management System, Real-time, SOAP, Web Service
- The fingerprint-based attendance management process generally consists of recording, management, and reporting. The method of recording attendance data is done with the help of fingerprint attendance machine. Even though the computer connection is running online, the administrator still needs to process and generate reports because there is no real-time interconnection between devices. Web services such as Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Representational State Transfer (REST) are among the technologies that can support real-time processing, which has been used in previous studies. SOAP is more secure than REST. Solutions to overcome these problems, this study used SOAP-based web service on the fingerprint attendance management system, to support real-time data access. The results of the research have made web services that can overcome the problem of interoperability between fingerprint machines and systems, so that data can be accessed in real-time and safer.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Alam Rahmatulloh AU - Rohmat Gunawan AU - Irfan Darmawan PY - 2019/03 DA - 2019/03 TI - Web Services to Overcome Interoperability in Fingerprint-based Attendance System BT - 2018 International Conference on Industrial Enterprise and System Engineering (ICoIESE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2589-4943 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.49 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.49 ID - Rahmatulloh2019/03 ER -