The Influence of the Addition of Pectin Concentrations on Physical and Chemical Properties of Functional Food of Nori derived from Cassava Leaves
- Gesti Annisa Innayatuhibbah, Nur Wahyu Sholitan, Afrianita Fitriani, Desi Anisa Nurlaily, Esti Widowati
- Corresponding Author
- Gesti Annisa Innayatuhibbah
Available Online August 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.2How to use a DOI?
- Antioxidant, Cassava leaves, Nori, Pectin
- The present research sought to find out appropriate pectin concentrations in the production of nori derived from cassava leaves, and the influence on chemical properties of the produced nori. The research is useful to optimize the use of cassava leaves as alternative raw materials for the production of nori seaweed. Pectin with concentrations of 1%, 3%, and 5% was added in boiled and blended cassava leaves, with the addition of 1 gram of salt and 100 ml of water. Such processes as molding, drying, and frying were subsequently done. The given pectin concentrations were proved to exert an influence on water concentration and antioxidant activities of functional food of nori derived from cassava leaves. The functional food of nori derived from cassava leaves appropriate with commercial nori seaweed is that with the addition of pectin concentration of 3%.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Gesti Annisa Innayatuhibbah AU - Nur Wahyu Sholitan AU - Afrianita Fitriani AU - Desi Anisa Nurlaily AU - Esti Widowati PY - 2017/08 DA - 2017/08 TI - The Influence of the Addition of Pectin Concentrations on Physical and Chemical Properties of Functional Food of Nori derived from Cassava Leaves BT - International Conference on Science and Technology (ICOSAT 2017) - Promoting Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security, Energy, and Environment Through Science and Technology for Development PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.2 ID - Innayatuhibbah2017/08 ER -