Analysis of Cacao and Coconut Intercrop Farming on Production Centers in Central Sulawesi Province
- Rosida P. Adam, Johanis Panggeso, Mr Suardi
- Corresponding Author
- Rosida P. Adam
Available Online August 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.20How to use a DOI?
- Intercrop Cocoa, Coconut Farming, Revenue Analysis.
- The title of the research is Analysis of Cocoa and Coconut Intercrop Farming on Production Centers in Central Sulawesi Province. The purpose of this study is to identify and analyze the benefits of Intercrop Cocoa and Coconut for farmers. Central Sulawesi government has divided four centers of cocoa and purposive sampling researches, focused on two (2) superior centers, i.e Sentra I, includes: Donggal, and Sigi. Meanwhile, Sentra II includes: Moutong Parigi District, Poso District, and Tojo Una-Una District. Results of research descriptively explained that Cocoa and Coconut Intercrop Farming indicates good intercrop, measured from the distance between coconut ??" cocoa, i.e approximately 3.5m in average. However, some overlaps are still found in some locations. There are still other crops found among Cocoa and Coconut Intercrop, thus the growth of Cocoa and Coconut is not maximum. Another benefit of the cultivation of cocoa under coconut trees is it can improve the efficiency in the use of land and sunlight. In addition, Coconut can indirectly help to control Helopeltis palm plant biologically as black ants (Dolichoderus thoracicus) prefer to nest in palm tree, which will destroy Helopeltis.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rosida P. Adam AU - Johanis Panggeso AU - Mr Suardi PY - 2017/08 DA - 2017/08 TI - Analysis of Cacao and Coconut Intercrop Farming on Production Centers in Central Sulawesi Province BT - International Conference on Science and Technology (ICOSAT 2017) - Promoting Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security, Energy, and Environment Through Science and Technology for Development PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.20 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.20 ID - Adam2017/08 ER -