Effect of The Combination of Organic and Inorganic Fertilizers on The Growth and Production of Melons (Cucumis Melo L)
- Mr Junaidi, Yukarie Ayu Wulandari
- Corresponding Author
- Mr Junaidi
Available Online August 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.19How to use a DOI?
- Fertilizer combination, Growth, Melon, Production
- Melon is one of the horticultural products consumed in the form of fresh and processed fruit The demand for melon is quite high. Melon production in Indonesia is fluctuated, which decreased in 2010 and then increased in 2011 and 2012 and again decreased in 2013. One of the causes of the decrease in melon productivity is the use of inorganic fertilizer continuously for the long term. To increase growth and fruit production can be carried out with good managements and handlings, one of them is with the use of organic fertilizers. The use of organic fertilizer can increase productivity in a relatively long time. Therefore, research needs to be done by combining the use of organic and inorganic fertilizers to increase melon productivity. The research was conducted using 100% NPK fertilizer, goat manure + NPK 50%, caw manure + NPK 50%, 50% chicken manure and compost fertillizer + NPK 50%. The results indicated that the combination of organic and inorganic fertilizers significant effect on melon fruit weight but not significant effect on leaves number, leaves length, leaves width, first flower time, fruit circumference and fruit sugar content. The combination of chicken manure with 50% NPK gave the highest yield on leaves number, leaves length, leaves width and first flower melon time but not significantly different from other treatments and gave the highest yield on melon fruit weight and significantly different from other treatments. The combination of compost fertilizer with NPK 50% gave the highest yield on fruit circumference and melon fruit sugar but not significantly different from other treatments.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mr Junaidi AU - Yukarie Ayu Wulandari PY - 2017/08 DA - 2017/08 TI - Effect of The Combination of Organic and Inorganic Fertilizers on The Growth and Production of Melons (Cucumis Melo L) BT - International Conference on Science and Technology (ICOSAT 2017) - Promoting Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security, Energy, and Environment Through Science and Technology for Development PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.19 ID - Junaidi2017/08 ER -