Mitigation of Milk Production Risk in Cattle Farming. Case Study on Animal Husbandry Mahesa Perkasa Farm, Depok City, West Java, Indonesia
- Akhmad Riyadi Wastra, Rizki Adi Puspita Sari, Fernanda Aghnia Hafiza
- Corresponding Author
- Akhmad Riyadi Wastra
Available Online August 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.18How to use a DOI?
- Risk, Cattle, Pareto diagrams, House of Risk
- Mahesa Perkasa Farm is one of the largest cattle ranches in Sawangan District which is in direct need of risk management in producing cow's milk. The advent of risks to cow's milk production will have a negative impact on livestock and many farms are unable to recover quickly from these negative effects. Therefore, it is necessary to take risks or mitigation measures to reduce the impact of the risks. This research aims to (1) Identifying the risks that arise during the process of cow milk production at Mahesa Perkasa Farm. (2) Measuring the extent of cow milk production risk in Mahesa Perkasa Farm. (3) Mapping the risk of cow milk production at Mahesa Perkasa Farm. (4) Analyzing how to mitigate the risk of cow milk production at Mahesa Perkasa Farm. The analysis used by fishbone diagrams, the house of risk stage 1 (HOR 1), pareto diagram, and the house of risk stage 2 (HOR 2). The results of this research revealed that there were 8 risk events on the dairy cattle maintenance stage, 13 risk events on milking stage, 3 risk events on the packing stage and 50 causes of the overall risks. Based on the stage 1 HOR table, it was determined that the cause of risk with the highest score were 9 causes of risk on the dairy cattle breeding stage, 17 causes of risk on milking stage and 4 causes on the packing stage. Based on the priority of the cause of the risk, it determined that there were 20 mitigations that could be implemented to reduce the cause of the risks.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Akhmad Riyadi Wastra AU - Rizki Adi Puspita Sari AU - Fernanda Aghnia Hafiza PY - 2017/08 DA - 2017/08 TI - Mitigation of Milk Production Risk in Cattle Farming. Case Study on Animal Husbandry Mahesa Perkasa Farm, Depok City, West Java, Indonesia BT - International Conference on Science and Technology (ICOSAT 2017) - Promoting Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security, Energy, and Environment Through Science and Technology for Development PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.18 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.18 ID - Wastra2017/08 ER -