Zn-Al Hydrotalcite As Adsorbent on Metal Waste (Cu2 +): Case Study of Liquid Waste in Integrated Laboratory Center UIN Syarif Hidayatullah
- Nurmaya Arofah, Eka Fitriani Ahmad
- Corresponding Author
- Nurmaya Arofah
Available Online August 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.31How to use a DOI?
- Waste metals Cu 2+, Mg / Al hydrotalcite and Zn / Al hydrotalcite
- Central Chemical Laboratory of Integrated Lab UIN Syarif Hidayatullah is one of the largest wastewater containing hazardous materials is high enough, one of which is metal Cu 2+. The most effective method for reducing heavy metal pollutants are adsorption, adsorbent consists of two types namely cationic and anionic adsorbent. The advantages of the adsorbent aniok is easily synthesized, so it is more effective than the cationic absorbent. Type of anionic adsorbent is hydrotalcite. Material hydrotalcite synthesized using methods kopresitipasi with the basic materials for the Mg / Al hydrotalcite is MgCl2.6H2O with AlCl3.6H2O and for Zn-Al hydrotalcite is ZnSO4.7H2O and AlCl3.6H2O. The results of this research to know the characteristics of the adsorbent of Mg / Al hydrotalcite and Zn / Al hydrotalcite in which the Cu 2+ metal mengadsorb characterization of Mg / Al hydrotalcite had basal spacing d003 Ǻ = 7.57, d006= 3.80 Ǻ, d009 = 2.57Ǻ and Zn / Al hydrotalcite had basal spacing d003 Ǻ = 7.54, d006 = 3.78 Ǻ, d009 = 2.59Ǻ. In addition, the structure of Zn / Al hydrotalcite has a relative content or purity is as high as 91.74% when compared with Mg / Al hydrotalcite that only contain relative or purity of the sample is only about 81.3%. The higher the relative content of a substance, the greater the absorption in a metal adsorbing Cu2+ so that optimization of the adsorption capacity of Zn / Al hydrotalcite to metal Cu 2+ is greater when compared with Mg / Al hydrotalcite. Cu metal ion adsorption by hydrotalcite satisfy the equation Langmuir and Freundlich adsorption isotherm. Determination of adsorption capacity of the zeolite to the most appropriate waste Cu is using Freundlich adsorption equation compared with the Langmuir adsorption equation. The maximum adsorption capacity of Mg / Al hydrotalcite and Zn / Al hydrotalcite against waste adsorption Cu is 2.114 mg / g and 1.284 mg / gram.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nurmaya Arofah AU - Eka Fitriani Ahmad PY - 2017/08 DA - 2017/08 TI - Zn-Al Hydrotalcite As Adsorbent on Metal Waste (Cu2 +): Case Study of Liquid Waste in Integrated Laboratory Center UIN Syarif Hidayatullah BT - International Conference on Science and Technology (ICOSAT 2017) - Promoting Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security, Energy, and Environment Through Science and Technology for Development PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.31 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.31 ID - Arofah2017/08 ER -