Effective IT Governance in Higher Education Institutions: The Conceptual Model
- Muhammad Qomarul Huda, Meinarini Catur Utami, Nur Aeni Hidayah, Qurrotul Aini
- Corresponding Author
- Muhammad Qomarul Huda
Available Online August 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.32How to use a DOI?
- IT Governance, Implementation, Effective implementation, State islamic university, Organizational factor
- Recently, a considerable literature has grown up around the theme of Information Technology Governance (ITG) in the organization. While some research has been carry out on ITG in general, there is still very little scientific understanding of Effective ITG in the context of Higher Education Institutions (HEI). To gain the effectiveness of IT governance in HEIs need to follow the IT governance mechanisms that provide the set of process and procedures which is in line with the strategic alignment between IT and business. In essence, Effective IT governance will guarantee alignment between IT and the business goals. Organizations with vain IT governance will hurt due to poor performance of IT resources such as inefficient operating costs, inaccurate information quality, and even the decease of its IT department. This paper offer the effective of IT governance evaluation model that may can be used by organizational management in the HEI in particular. Furthermore, this study identifies the factors that contribute to effective IT governance based on past literatures on this domain. The proposed model need to be tested through empirical study in the future work by others. The result of the study can help to HEIs management to gain the effective IT governance implementation. Other than, this study will contribute to the knowledge of IT governance implementation in HEIs.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Muhammad Qomarul Huda AU - Meinarini Catur Utami AU - Nur Aeni Hidayah AU - Qurrotul Aini PY - 2017/08 DA - 2017/08 TI - Effective IT Governance in Higher Education Institutions: The Conceptual Model BT - International Conference on Science and Technology (ICOSAT 2017) - Promoting Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security, Energy, and Environment Through Science and Technology for Development PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.32 ID - Huda2017/08 ER -