Implementation of NFC for Smart Gate Access Control in Campus Area
- Khairunnisa Mansur, Zulfajri B. Hasanuddin, Mr Wardi
- Corresponding Author
- Khairunnisa Mansur
Available Online August 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.37How to use a DOI?
- NFC, Smart gate, Access control, PN532 NFC reader, NFC tag.
- An innovative Smart Gate System has been implemented as a smart access control within the campus area. Smart gate uses ‘Smart card Near Field Communication’ as an identity card for the university’s academics. Students or lecturers entering the campus area through the barrier gate and perform the identification process on the reader. Registered smart cards open the barrier gate. The history of the identity card is updated on the online server. Identification and authentication is proceed by entering certain code to the smart card. Security system in smart gate uses two data encryption. Design in the system use PN 532 NFC reader/writer, NFC tag 13.56 MHz re-writable and ultrasonic sensor ping. Through this innovative system, the supervision of an access control in campus area is finely recorded and the academics’ identity is maintained through the data encryption in smart card. Response to the sytem services up to an optimum 6 cm in range, and response to the time services at an optimum of 1.829 seconds.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Khairunnisa Mansur AU - Zulfajri B. Hasanuddin AU - Mr Wardi PY - 2017/08 DA - 2017/08 TI - Implementation of NFC for Smart Gate Access Control in Campus Area BT - International Conference on Science and Technology (ICOSAT 2017) - Promoting Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security, Energy, and Environment Through Science and Technology for Development PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.37 ID - Mansur2017/08 ER -