Inventory Information System (Case Study: Zahabi Hotel Jakarta)
- Meinarini Catur Utami, Elvi Fetrina, Novita Rizkiah
- Corresponding Author
- Meinarini Catur Utami
Available Online August 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.40How to use a DOI?
- Inventory, RAD, FIFO, EOQ
- Customer satisfaction is one of the important aspects for companies to be competitive in the market. Many companies especially those that are in the hotel industries, depend heavily on their ability to serve the need of their customers at the right time. Zahabi hotel, one of Sharia hotels in Jakarta, is having problems to keep up with their inventories of housekeeping supplies. The housekeeping division cannot cope up with the high numbers of occupancy of the hotel. Most of the times, its staffs could not fulfill the need of customer to have some extra on housekeeping supplies such as toiletries products, because the quantity of the products is very limited. Moreover, ordering the products to vendors will takes time. This ineffective inventory control caused the lack of housekeeping supplies in the warehouse that resulted in dissatisfaction of customers. To reduce the stock-out of inventory, the model of Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) and First in First Out (FIFO) as inentory method had been applied, and also use RAD for developing inventory system. This model would help the Zahabi’s management to be able to provide service excellence and also at the same time to minimize the inventory holding and ordering costs.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Meinarini Catur Utami AU - Elvi Fetrina AU - Novita Rizkiah PY - 2017/08 DA - 2017/08 TI - Inventory Information System (Case Study: Zahabi Hotel Jakarta) BT - International Conference on Science and Technology (ICOSAT 2017) - Promoting Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security, Energy, and Environment Through Science and Technology for Development PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.40 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.40 ID - Utami2017/08 ER -