Sea Cucumber As An Alternative Supplement In Increasing Bone Health
- Meiky Fredianto, Nicko Rachmanio, Muhammad Dias
- Corresponding Author
- Meiky Fredianto
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.5How to use a DOI?
- Susu sea cucumber; Gosok sea cucumber; Gamat sea cucumber; packaged milk; bone health; recommended dietary allowance
- Nutrition is an important factor in maintaining bone health, such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, protein, and iron. Sea cucumber is one of sea creatures that has plenty of nutrition which is for the body. Objective : To compare the nutrition of Susu sea cucumber, Gosok sea cucumber, Gamat sea cucumber, and packaged milk so they can be used as alternative source in bone health. Methods : The in vitro test using three samples of sea cucumber and three different kinds of packaged milk for kids. The test was performed to five nutritions e.g. calcium, magnesium, phospor, protein, and iron. The analysis results used independent sample test methode and anova test. Results : Sea cucumbers can meet the number of daily nutritional needs. Calcium in sea cucumbers is higher than that of milk (95% CI: -1969.85354 - 4094.26021). Its phosphorus is higher than that in milk (95% CI: -224.68925). Its magnesium is higher than that in milk (95% CI: 1499.67724 - 3243.20276). Its protein is higher than that in milk (95% CI: 18.71876 - 67.70790). Its iron is higher than that in milk (95% CI: 25.08204 - 54.45796). Conclusion : The nutrition in sea cucumber is greater than that in packaged milk. Susu sea cucumber is better than that in the other two types. Sea cucumber could be used as alternative source for bone health
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Meiky Fredianto AU - Nicko Rachmanio AU - Muhammad Dias PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - Sea Cucumber As An Alternative Supplement In Increasing Bone Health BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.5 ID - Fredianto2019/10 ER -