Evaluation of the Use of Intra Uterine Device Postpartum (IUDPP) in Spontaneously and Cesarean Section Labor
- Ivanna Brahmana, Sri Nurul
- Corresponding Author
- Ivanna Brahmana
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.6How to use a DOI?
- IUD Postpartum, postpartum family planning, Spontaneous, Cesarean Section
- Family Planning (KB) Postpartum is important because postpartum control is safe and can increase family planning coverage, be effective in terms of time and reduce Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR). Postpartum family planning coverage is still very low. Objective : To making evaluation of postpartum IUDs in the private practice of the Obstetrician and Gynecologist in Klaten, Central Java. Methods : Observational study with cross sectional design. Data was taken from medical records for 2 years from April 2016 to December 2017 with inclusion criteria for women who gave birth either spontaneously or cesarean section (SC) and were willing to do post-natal IUD installation. Data was taken at the time of the first control, namely day 5 to day 7 postpartum, second control was one month later and the third control was 6 months after the second control. Data processed is data from the results of the last IUD examination, no results from the first, second, or third controls are determined. Data taken in the form of: age, pregnancy to what, how to spontaneous or SC delivery, evaluated whether there is leucorrhoea, erosion, expulsion, translocation, menometroragia, husband complaints and pain. Results : of the study were analyzed descriptively. The results showed that fifty-seven respondents fulfilled the inclusion criteria and exclusion criteria. Respondents were 28.96 ± 5.12 years old, parturition was 1.74 ± 0.77 times, IUD was installed at SC 87, 72% and spontaneous 12.28%. Respondents experienced leucorrhoea 66.67%, but respondents did not experience erosion, expulsion, translocation, menometroragia, husband complaints and pain. It was concluded that IUD postpartum were safe and well done. Conclusion : To evaluate the incidence of leucorrhoea and erosion, an evaluation of larger respondents is needed, so that more accurate figures are obtained. The use of IUDPP was also stated to be more effective.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ivanna Brahmana AU - Sri Nurul PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - Evaluation of the Use of Intra Uterine Device Postpartum (IUDPP) in Spontaneously and Cesarean Section Labor BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.6 ID - Brahmana2019/10 ER -