A Clinical Evaluation on the Tooth Root Canal Treatment for Pulpal Necrosis and Irreversible Pulpitis in Academic Dental Hospital
- Sofiani Erma, Mayank Sari
- Corresponding Author
- Sofiani Erma
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.12How to use a DOI?
- Root canal treatment, Clinical evaluate root canal treatment
- Clinical evaluation is one of the most practical evaluations of root canal treatment. The success of root canal treatment can be seen in a period of 6 months to 4 years. The success rate of root canal treatment after clinical and radiographic evaluation ranges from 83% to 96% depending on pulp status before treatment. It aims to clinically evaluate the success of root canal treatment in teeth undergoing necrosis and irreversible pulp based on age, sex, tooth element and social status at dental hospital. The type of research is analytic observational with cross-sectional study design. The subjects used were the medical records of male and female patients that had performed root canal treatment for 1 to 3 months, 4 to 6 months and 6 to 12 months in dental hospital based on medical records. The sampling method used was non-probability sampling with purposive sampling. The number of research samples were 65 samples. The data were analyzed using the Mann U Whitney Test. The statistical tests showed no significant difference in clinical evaluation of root canal treatment in cases of irreversible pulpitis and pulpal necrosis of significance values (p> 0.05). Successful root canal treatment showed dominant results with good categories 88.5%, moderate 10, 0% and 1.5% bad. Root canal treatment is most commonly found in the male sex, age of group 17-30 years, on maxillary teeth central incisivus, and middle to upper socio-economic status. There is no difference in clinical evaluation of the success of root canal treatment in teeth with pulpal necroses and irreversible pulpitis.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sofiani Erma AU - Mayank Sari PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - A Clinical Evaluation on the Tooth Root Canal Treatment for Pulpal Necrosis and Irreversible Pulpitis in Academic Dental Hospital BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.12 ID - Erma2019/10 ER -