The Effect of Mackerel Meat on the Number of Purkinje Cell in the Cerebellum of Congenital Hypothyroid Rat (Rattus norvegicus)
- Idiani Darmawati, Rijal Saputro, Zulkhah Noor
- Corresponding Author
- Idiani Darmawati
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.17How to use a DOI?
- congenital hypothyroid, mackerel fish, omega-3, purkinje cells
- Early detection through screening of congenital hypothyroid is not a regular program of the government .. so that cases of congenital hypothyroid can not be managed appropriately. Therefore, it needs to be done the research .about the benefits of the granting of a bloated fish containing omega-3 on congenital hypothyroid as a food supplement to stimulate nerve growth especially brain development. The sample of this research is the droppings of a white rat (Rattus norvegicus).The 30 rats are divided into 6 groups consisting of 5 rats. Four groups ..was induced with hypothyroid on the day 5 of gestation until nenonatus of the day 15, ..and two other groups .stayed normally.Thyroxine and mackerel meat were given on the 21st day after the birth until the 8th week. Histology and preparations werw made of cells Purkinje after being observed in the cerebellum. The number of Purkinje cells was analized with One-way Anova continued with multiple comparison test. The result is that the number of Purkinje cells in the normal group, normal + mackerel, hypothyroid, hypothyroid + mackerel, hypothyroid treatment with thyroxine, and thyroxine treatment with hypothyroid + mackerel are as follows: 60±12, 71±16, 40±6, 64±7, 70±5, and 65±20. The average number of Purkinje cells in the group that got mackerel significantly (p<0,05) increases compared to hypothyroid. The conclusion is that the supplementation of mackerel fish increases the number of Purkinje cells in the cerebellum of the rat with congenital hypothyroid.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Idiani Darmawati AU - Rijal Saputro AU - Zulkhah Noor PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - The Effect of Mackerel Meat on the Number of Purkinje Cell in the Cerebellum of Congenital Hypothyroid Rat (Rattus norvegicus) BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.17 ID - Darmawati2019/10 ER -