Chemopreventive Activity of Roselle’s Hexane Fraction against Breast Cancer by In-Vitro and In-Silico Study
- Nabila Kaulika, Rifki Febriansah
- Corresponding Author
- Rifki Febriansah
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.16How to use a DOI?
- Hibiscus sabdariffa; cytotoxic MTT, antioxidant DPPH, molecular docking, T47D breast cancer
- Breast cancer is ranked the highest percentage of the new cases and deaths in women around the world. Cancer treatments that currently exist cause side effects that are detrimental to patients triggering the development of cancer treatment that comes from nature or herbal plants. Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.) is a plant that is known to have flavonoids which are potential as anticancer agent. This study was conducted to analyze the roselle's hexane fraction as a chemopreventive agent with an antioxidant test using the DPPH method, in-vitro cytotoxic test of T47D cancer cells line by MTT method, and in-silico test using Vina molecular docking method. The results of the antioxidant test showed the IC50 value of 4259 µg/mL. Cytotoxic activity of the fraction on T47D breast cancer cells showed the IC50 values of 331.86 µg/ml. The molecular docking results obtained a docking score that shows the binding energy of cyanidin 3-O-glucoside to EGFR and HER-2 proteins of -8.2 kcal/mol and 8.1 kcal/mol, respectively. Based on these results, it can be concluded that roselle hexane fraction has a potential as a chemopreventive agent based on its molecular docking and cytotoxic activity against T47D breast cancer cells
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nabila Kaulika AU - Rifki Febriansah PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - Chemopreventive Activity of Roselle’s Hexane Fraction against Breast Cancer by In-Vitro and In-Silico Study BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.16 ID - Kaulika2019/10 ER -