Religiosity, Social Support and Anxiety in Mothers of Children with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Umi Fetriyah, Rifa’atul Mahmudah, Alsia Damayanti, Syamsul Firdaus
- Corresponding Author
- Umi Fetriyah
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.27How to use a DOI?
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Anxiety; Children; Mother; Religiosity; Social Support
- The incidence of acute lymphoblastic leukemia cancer continues to increase every year. Child with cancer and undergoing therapy causes anxiety for parents such as sleep disorder, inability to make decisions, and panic. Severe anxiety contributes to decrease quality of life. Factors that are needed in reducing anxiety are religiosity and social support. The main objective was analyzed the relationship of religiosity and social support with the anxiety of mothers. This research employed cross sectional design. Sampling was done by purposive sampling technique. The sample was 30 mothers who have got children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia at Ulin General Hospital, Banjarmasin. The data were analyzed by using Spearman rank test with significant value p <0,05. The results of this study were mothers with high religiosity were 21 people (70%), mothers with high social support were 21 people (70%), and mothers who have moderate anxiety were 12 people (40%). The analysis test correlation between religiosity with mothers anxiety obtained p value= 0,001; r= -0,555. The analysis test correlation between social support with mothers anxiety resulted p value = 0,003; r = -0,480. This means that there was a significant correlation between religiosity with mothers anxiety. In terms of its correlation, there was a significant correlation between social support with mothers anxiety. The importance of health workers in improving religiosity and social support of mothers with a child diagnosed Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia is warranted.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Umi Fetriyah AU - Rifa’atul Mahmudah AU - Alsia Damayanti AU - Syamsul Firdaus PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - Religiosity, Social Support and Anxiety in Mothers of Children with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.27 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.27 ID - Fetriyah2019/10 ER -