The Influence of Parenting and Birth Order in Correlation with School Phobia
- Sylvi Harmiardillah, Dadang Kusbiantoro, Siti Sholikhah
- Corresponding Author
- Sylvi Harmiardillah
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.31How to use a DOI?
- parenting, birth order, school phobia
- School phobia is a constant and unrealistic fright that usually happened on a child which can disturb his or her pre school period. This study aims to know the relationship between parenting and birth order and school phobia. An analytic approach with a correlation design was applied. The population of this study was parents of pre-school aged children in kindergarten of Dharma Wanita I in Gunungsari sub-district, Baureno district, Bojonegoro, comprising of 36 participants collected by a simple random sampling. The results of data analysis using Multiple Linear Regression indicates a significant correlation between parenting and school phobia (p = 0.004; p < 0.05) and a significant correlation between birth order and school phobia (p = 0.001; p < 0.05). the simultaneous analysis also indicates a significant correlation of parenting and birth order with school phobia (p value = 0.000; p < 0.05) with R square = 0,460, which means the power of parenting and birth order associated with school phobia occurrence was 46%, while 54% was explained by other variables that was not examined. Parenting may influence behavior and comprehension for children related with their desire for school, while birth order related with experiences of parents and children's in dependency.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sylvi Harmiardillah AU - Dadang Kusbiantoro AU - Siti Sholikhah PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - The Influence of Parenting and Birth Order in Correlation with School Phobia BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.31 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.31 ID - Harmiardillah2019/10 ER -