The Effectiveness of Family Supportive Therapy toward Family Rejection and Attitude to Patient with Schizophrenia
- Kellyana Irawati, Budi Keliat, Mustikasari
- Corresponding Author
- Kellyana Irawati
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.32How to use a DOI?
- family attitude, family rejection, family with mental illness, and Supportive Therapy
- Family negative attitudes and family rejection against family members with mental illness increased the incidence of recurrence in patients with a mental disorder. The study aimed to determine the effect of supportive therapy on family attitudes and family rejection of family members with mental disorder schizophrenia. This study used a pre-post design quasi-experiment with a control group with sampling using cluster sampling. The numbers of the sample in this study were 51 families with mental illness family member for the intervention group and 45 families with mental illness family member to the control group. This research used the instrument family attitude scale and acceptance and rejection scale. The results showed there were significant changes in attitudes and rejection after being given supportive therapy group (p-value < = 0.05). There is a significant difference in the change in the intervention group and the control (p-value < = 0.05). The suggestion of this research is to apply supportive group therapy and family communities.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kellyana Irawati AU - Budi Keliat AU - Mustikasari PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - The Effectiveness of Family Supportive Therapy toward Family Rejection and Attitude to Patient with Schizophrenia BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.32 ID - Irawati2019/10 ER -