Javanese Women’s Perception of Husband’s Support in Women Reproductive Health
- Yusi Afsah, Yuni Astuti, Siti Azizah, Bayu Muflihin
- Corresponding Author
- Yusi Afsah
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.42How to use a DOI?
- Women perception, husbands support,reproductive.
- The husband’s involvement in reproductive health is a complex process of social and behavioral change. The role of men in women’s health I Indonesia felt to be very low for various reasons that have taken root in Indonesian society which tends to be patriarchal, in Javanese particularly. This descriptive study aimed to describe the women’s perceptions towards husband’s support in making decisions related to women’s reproductive health in 105 childbearing married women aged 15-49, in Public Health Center 1, Bantul, Yogyakarta. Women's Perception of Males Involvement in Maternal Healthcare Questionnaire was modified and validated to collect the women perception based on health condition, health services, and financial status. Purposive sampling technique was used in this study. The result shows that majority of the women agree that decision making should be done by both husband and wife (99%). Most women (63.8%) believe that selection of health care facilities should be considered with the completeness of the medical services needed and the comfortable place (84.8%). The recommendation from this study is position equality and status between men and women in decision making. Therefore, women are encouraged to be more courageous in expressing their opinions as a form of their involvement in decision making of their health.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yusi Afsah AU - Yuni Astuti AU - Siti Azizah AU - Bayu Muflihin PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - Javanese Women’s Perception of Husband’s Support in Women Reproductive Health BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.42 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.42 ID - Afsah2019/10 ER -