The Effect of Laughter Therapy to Decrease Blood Pressure in Patients with Hypertension Patients at Welahan 1 Primary Health Care
- Rizka Himawan, Meisella Aryatu, Rusnoto, Indanah
- Corresponding Author
- Rizka Himawan
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.46How to use a DOI?
- Hypertension, Blood Pressure, Laughter Therapy
- Hypertension is a disease experienced by the world's population. However, only one of three people who suffers from hypertension are aware of the circumstances and 61% of the samples is treatment. There are Concerns that emergence of new problems in hypertension will cause mental emotional disorder. One of the lifestyle modifications that can be practiced to cope with hypertension is by doing relaxation. One relaxation for hypertension patients is laughter therapy. Puspose : The purpose of this study is to determine the effect of laughter therapy to decrease blood pressure in patients with hypertension at Welahan 1 Primary Health Care .Method : The method is a quasi-experimental design with pre-test and post-test. The samples are 36 respondents that consists of 16 respondents in intervention group and 16 respondents in control group. The measure instruments used are aneroid sphygmomanometer and observation sheet of laughter therapy. The Data analysis used T test. Results : The results -T signed rank test test analysis shows the mean systolic and diastolic blood pressure of the intervention group before treatment are 162 mmHg and 103 mmHg. Meanwhile, they are 154 mmHg and 96 mmHg in thecontrol group. The mean systolic and diastolic blood pressure of the intervention group after treatment are159 mmHg and 97 mmHg. Meanwhile, they are 194 mmHg and 94 mmHg in the control group. Therefore, there is significant effect of laughter therapy in decreasing systolic and diastolic blood pressure with p-value 0,022 and 0,036 (p value < 0,05). Conclusion: There is effect of laughter therapy In decreasing the blood pressure of patients with hypertension at Welahan 1 Primary Health Care
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rizka Himawan AU - Meisella Aryatu AU - Rusnoto AU - Indanah PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - The Effect of Laughter Therapy to Decrease Blood Pressure in Patients with Hypertension Patients at Welahan 1 Primary Health Care BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.46 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.46 ID - Himawan2019/10 ER -