The Effect of Poster-Based Pictorial Health Warning Quit Smoking Behavior Toward the Adolescents of Tlogo, Tamantirto, Kasihan, Bantul
- Rizaluddin Akbar, Moh Afandi
- Corresponding Author
- Rizaluddin Akbar
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.49How to use a DOI?
- Pictorial Health Warning, Posters, Smoking Behavior, Adolescent smokers
- The Government of Indonesia in 28 PERMENKES explains Pictorial Health Warning or Health Warnings and Writings are images that provide information about the dangers of smoking. Drawings and Writings Health Warnings should have the meanings printed together with the Tobacco Products Packaging and are not in form of a sticker attached to the Tobacco Product Packaging or are replaced by the consumer with a cute sticker. Smoking behavior among adolescents need to be enhanced by utilizing the visual media warning poster image or PHW The purpose of this study is to identify the effect of PHW-based quit smoking posters on adolescent behavior hamlet logo. This study is a quantitative research, Quasi-Experimental with pre-test and post-test control group design. The measurement of behaviors was conducted during the pre-test and post-test for 1 month. The research was conducted from January to March 2016 in Tlogo, Tamantirto. Respondents consisted of 16 treatment groups given intervention in the form of posters based on PHW and 16 people in the control group. The results of Wlicoxon Signed Ranks Test showed no influence of PHW-based poster with a value of p = <0414, then, there is no difference in the level of smoking behavior in the intervention group and the control group. The Mann-Whitney test result on the difference in smoking behavior of pre-test control group and treatment group obtained the result of 0,812, and the Mann-Whitney test result on the difference in smoking behavior of the post-test control group and the treatment group obtained the result of 0.838. There is no effect of PHW-based posters on adolescent smoking behavior in Tlogo Village, Kasihan, Bantul. The next researchers are expected to do a deeper analysis on factors related to adolescent smoking behavior.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rizaluddin Akbar AU - Moh Afandi PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - The Effect of Poster-Based Pictorial Health Warning Quit Smoking Behavior Toward the Adolescents of Tlogo, Tamantirto, Kasihan, Bantul BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.49 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.49 ID - Akbar2019/10 ER -