The Effect of Breathing Exercise and Range of Motion (ROM) Exercise towards the Decrease of Intradialysis Fatigue Level in Hemodialysis Unit at Dr. Adjidarmo Hospital, Banten
- Diana Djupri, Krisna Yetti, Masfuri
- Corresponding Author
- Diana Djupri
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.48How to use a DOI?
- fatigue, breathing exercise, Range of Motion (ROM) exercise, chronic kidney failure, hemodialysis.
- Fatigue is a condition of the patient's response that appears after the treatment which is one of the nursing problems in patients receiving hemodialysis therapy. The purpose of this study is to determine the effect of breathing exercise and Range of Motion (ROM) exercise towards the decrease of intradialysis fatigue level in Hemodialysis unit at RSUD Dr. Adjidarmo Banten. Furthermore, the design of this study is Pra-Experimental Design and the design used is the One Group Pretest Post-Test design with the number of samples of 28 respondents and the measuring instrument used is Fatigue Severity Scale (FSS). Chi square is used as sample, with p value of 0,001. The results of this study showed a significant effect between breathing exercise and Range of Motion (ROM) exercise towards the decrease of intradialysis fatigue level (p value <0.05). This study also showed a significant effect between confounding variables (they are age, education background and the length of undergoing hemodialysis) intradialysis towards fatigue. However, the confounding variables (gender and occupation) are not related to intradialysis fatigue
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Diana Djupri AU - Krisna Yetti AU - Masfuri PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - The Effect of Breathing Exercise and Range of Motion (ROM) Exercise towards the Decrease of Intradialysis Fatigue Level in Hemodialysis Unit at Dr. Adjidarmo Hospital, Banten BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.48 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.48 ID - Djupri2019/10 ER -