Stability of Triangular Equilibrium Points of Exoplanetary System HD 4732c by Including Radiation Effect
- B. Dermawan, Ibnu Nurul Huda, T. Hidayat, D. Mandey, R.W. Wibowo, I. Tampubolon, J. A. Utama
- Corresponding Author
- B. Dermawan
Available Online October 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.8How to use a DOI?
- Exoplanetary system HD 4732; elliptic restricted three-body problem; triangular equilibrium points
- Exoplanetary system HD 4732 harbors two planets (b and c) in elliptic orbits. The host star (HD 4732) is more energetic than the Sun, while the planets are Jupiter-class. In this work we deal with the triangular equilibrium points with respect to planet HD 4732c because, interestingly, its orbit is located in habitable zone. For this purpose, we set this system to the elliptical restricted three-body problem with primaries (two massive bodies) consisting of the host star and planet HD 4732c. Based on Newtonian gravity in the rotating coordinate frame, we analytically derive the triangular equilibrium points by simply modeling the energetic radiation of the star. We then find that the triangular equilibrium points (Trojans) are stable. This implies an opportunity to discover stable Trojan objects (or a low-mass planet) residing around the triangular points and also in habitable zone.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - B. Dermawan AU - Ibnu Nurul Huda AU - T. Hidayat AU - D. Mandey AU - R.W. Wibowo AU - I. Tampubolon AU - J. A. Utama PY - 2014/10 DA - 2014/10 TI - Stability of Triangular Equilibrium Points of Exoplanetary System HD 4732c by Including Radiation Effect BT - International Conference on Physics 2014 (ICP-14) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.8 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.8 ID - Dermawan2014/10 ER -