Comparison of 8 and 24 channels MASW data: Field performance
- Eddy Hartantyo, Kirbani Sri Brotopuspito, M. Sismanto
- Corresponding Author
- Eddy Hartantyo
Available Online October 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.19How to use a DOI?
- MASW, acquisition, channels, comparison
- The comparison of their frequency-phase velocity (FV) diagrams from both 8 and 24 channels seismic surface wave active data (MASW) have been carried out. This conducted to show the effectiveness of smaller amounts of geophones for MASW acquitision and comparing the processing FV results. Several data were acquired both using 24 full channels geophones as well as using only 8 channels at the same line and locations. Geophone spacing for 24 channles was set to 1m and 23m total length, otherwise 3m and 21m total length for 8 channels. These two methods using 3m shot offset, by 5 kg hammer. The data were collected using the same data logger. In theory, the differences of using limited amount of geophones will be influencing the frequency-velocity bandwidth in their FV diagrams. But, this is not true for field case. Several field case shows a similar FV result for these two data, even of course there were small differences between them. For further analysis, subjective manual pickings were have similar results.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Eddy Hartantyo AU - Kirbani Sri Brotopuspito AU - M. Sismanto PY - 2014/10 DA - 2014/10 TI - Comparison of 8 and 24 channels MASW data: Field performance BT - International Conference on Physics 2014 (ICP-14) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.19 ID - Hartantyo2014/10 ER -