The Development of Pancasila Cartoon Wayang Media on Students’ Characters of 1st Grade Elementary School
- Sri Susilaningsih, Mela Ferantika
- Corresponding Author
- Sri Susilaningsih
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.35How to use a DOI?
- Character, Learning Media, Pancasila Cartoon Wayang
- Based on students' performance and an interview with first grade SDN Tambakaji 01 Semarang teacher, it is known that limited learning media significantly affects PPKn learning result. This study aims in examining the effectiveness of wayang cartoon media to incorporate principles of Pancasila in PPKn. This study is a research and development that implements the adaptation of Borg and Gall’s development model done by Sugiyono, as follows: potential problems, data collection, product design, design validation, design revision, test. The form of research is pre-experimental design with one-group pretest-posttest design. Data collection was done through test, questionnaire, observation and documentation. The researchers employ non probability sampling with sampling purposive. This study shows that the development of Pancasila wayang media cartoon consists of: wayang cartoon, role play text, guidebook in using the media, storage box. The effectiveness of the media is justified through media and content experts’ judgment. The result is considered very effective as represented by 97% and 96.5%, which concludes the moral principles of Pancasila cartoon affects cognitive learning significantly. This study also shows 0.597 improvement in students' understanding. This study encourages the use of the moral principles of Pancasila cartoon as a learning media in PPKn in order to emphasize the value of Pancasila.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sri Susilaningsih AU - Mela Ferantika PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - The Development of Pancasila Cartoon Wayang Media on Students’ Characters of 1st Grade Elementary School BT - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.35 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.35 ID - Susilaningsih2019/02 ER -